Monday, June 4, 2012

Sunday, 2012-06-03 - late afternoon: Returned from a one week piano camp near Albany, NY. Great getting home . . .  while cycling to Whole Foods I quickly discovered the battery in the GoPro Hero 2 helmet camera was too low to record. On the way home from shopping I enjoyed conversation with Justin, a DC MPD officer parked near 17th and R. I told him of my Transportation Users and Facilities Documentary 2012 and some uses for the footage then gave him my contact card. 


I would like to have bicycling officers on camera with their bikes and equipment to comment on the hours on patrol, equipment and cycle designs that help make their tour of duty more tolerable. 


(Contacting agencies, agreements for the shoots, permission and release documents are part of the process for creating this type of footage for public showing. Networking is part of the process and adventure in creating a comprehensive work.) 


Justin Swain, bicycle@videowashdc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment